1. Language: Contrary to popular belief, Singapore’s national language is not English but is Malay instead. The national anthem “Majulah Singapura” and the military commands are both given in the Malay language. However, 85% of the Singaporeans do not comprehend Malay.
2. Great Digestive System: Singapore has the largest Yakult bottle in the whole of Southeast Asia. Even though we are small in size, our food portion (in this case, it’s Yakult) is not that small after all.
3. Fast Walkers: According to a research conducted by the British Council, Singaporeans walk as fast as bumblebees fly – an average of 18 metres in 10.55 seconds. This makes us the fastest walkers on the planet!
4. High Density: Singapore is the most densely populated country next to Monaco with 6,430 people per square kilometre!
5. Building Height Restrictions: Buildings are not allowed to be taller than 280 metres due to the proximity of any part of the island to Changi Airport. OUB Centre, UOB Plaza and Republic Plaza are the only buildings of this height in Singapore.
6. Baby Month: There are more Singaporeans born in October as compared to the rest of the months.
7. Summer All Year Round: It may be hard for some of you to believe this (especially the International Students) but Singapore experiences summer all year round. The lowest temperature was 19.4 °C but that was in year 1934!